Snowflake is growing fast and we’re scaling our team to help enable and accelerate our growth. We’re passionate about our people, our customers, our values and our culture! We’re also looking for people with a growth mindset and the pragmatic insight to solve for today while building for the future. And as a Snowflake employee, you will be accountable for supporting and enabling diversity and belonging.
Snowflake started with a clear vision: make modern data warehousing effective, affordable, and accessible to all data users. Because traditional on-premises and cloud solutions struggle with this, Snowflake developed an innovative product with a new built-for-the-cloud architecture that combines the power of data warehousing, the flexibility of big data platforms, and the elasticity of the cloud at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Snowflake: Your data, no limits.
Snowflake is looking for a Cloud Security Operations Engineer to join the Cloud Engineering group in our new San Mateo headquarters. As a part of this team, you will work hand-in-hand with Site Reliability, Infrastructure, and Security Engineers to expand, maintain, and secure the cloud infrastructure that supports our product. A list of responsibilities, ideal characteristics and bonus points experience can be found below.
You do not have to meet every single one of these requirements or ideal characteristics to apply!
- Work hand-in-hand with our team of SREs, Infrastructure Engineers, and Security Engineers to provide a highly secure, highly automated runtime environment suitable for extremely security sensitive customers.
- Management of employee access at the infrastructure (vs application) layer.
- Cloud platform specific security techniques.
- Further enabling automation for security critical systems.
- Enhance security data telemetry at scale.
Our ideal Cloud Security Engineer will have understanding of:
- Security / Risk fundamentals
- Cloud Provider security models
- Linux/UNIX Operating Systems
- Familiarity with industry-standard encryption tools
- Familiarity with an automation framework (Ansible, Terraform, Puppet, Chef, Salt, etc…).
- Ability to use a OO programming language (Python preferred but not required).
- Security oriented mindset
- Shell programming
Bonus points for:
- Prior usage of a time-series based monitoring / observability platform
- Experience with a Cloud platform
- Understanding of cryptography and cryptographic tools
- In-depth experience with a operating system and network security.
- Prior development of complex or large scale security related software systems. The stronger the development skills, the better!
- Able to work on-site in our San Mateo office (next to Caltrain).
Snowflake is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, race, religion, pregnancy, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.