Snowflake is looking for a hands-on senior cloud security engineer to improve and maintain our security posture. We are looking for someone with 10+ years’ experience in security with a deep understanding of various technologies in the security domain.
The senior security engineer will assist in developing enterprise cryptographic strategy, integrating, supporting and administration of technologies. This includes providing subject matter expertise, around PKI, Cloud, and modern cryptographic protocols/constructs and key management.
The person in this role will help implement a capability driven and highly automated approach to our security operations, monitoring & detection, incident response capabilities, and our overall information security risk management program efforts.
The primary focus of this role will be managing and enhancing PKI infrastructure, HSM, Key management and data replication management. The person in this role will also be responsible for automating operational activities that are part of the maintaining security infrastructure.
- Administration of Certificate Lifecycle Management Services and infrastructure
- Administration of Encryption and Key Management Services and infrastructure
- Administration of Key Vaults, Cloud Cryptographic and PKI Services
- Multi-cloud IAM integration and administration
- Integration, validation, and automation across cryptographic frameworks
- Evaluate cryptographic tools, products, and frameworks
- Troubleshoot cryptographic anomalies, and issues across the enterprise
- Negotiating and liaising with different technology teams within the organization.
- Facilitate and embed security controls across our infrastructure and into our CICD pipelines.
- Set up monitoring dashboards, alerts, log management, and other security operations capabilities by utilizing industry-standard tools and platforms (SIEMs) alongside our currently deployed toolsets/platforms.
- Help enhance Incident Response capabilities including Runbooks, reputation management, etc.
Specific Experience needed to be successful in this role:
- Deep understanding of PKI/PKCS, and cryptographic tools and techniques, including:
- Underlying infrastructure, and standards
- Understanding of RSA, AES, ECC algorithms
- Understanding of Hashing algorithms
- AWS, Azure, GCP KMS
- Certificate Lifecycle Management
- X.509 Certificates and Certificate Authorities
- Public/Private key encryption and digital signatures
- Cryptographic Protocols and Ciphers
- Internal PKI design & management
- HSM applied use and integrations
- Venafi CLM and/or Gemalto Key Secure/HSM experience preferred
- Hashicorp Vault experience
- Knowledge of IAM concepts, including but not limited to provisioning, RBAC, SCIM, LDAP, and governance and authorization standards
- Experience with identity governance platforms
- Knowledge of current Identity providers and protocols such as Oauth 2.0, OpenID Connect, and SAML 2.0. Tokenization.
- Experience with LDAP and Virtual Directories
- Experience with authorization protocols like XACML and UMA
- Experience with Privileged Access Management
- Experience with Kerberos, SAML, OAuth, OpenID Connect
- Experience with federated identity platforms/productsAWS, Azure, GCP IAM
- Sailpoint, Duo, Okta SSO integration
- Experience with public cloud APIs & integration
- Understanding of information security architecture, mitigation of threats, and compensating controls. Deep familiarity with frameworks such as NIST 800-53, ISO 27001.
- Experience with and proven methods for managing the information security incident lifecycle, including incident response, mitigation, after-action reporting, and mapping a path forward.
- Strong understanding of static analysis, dynamic analysis and toolsets surrounding both.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills for working with varying levels of technical experience.
- Programming experience in Python/Perl/Go.
- Proven ability to independently identify and resolve critical and complex issues through effective problem-solving skills
- Ability to combine information from various sources into clear, concise technical documents that explain the background and procedures for detecting and mitigating risks.
The preferred candidate will have a master’s degree in computer science/Computer Engineering /Cyber security or in the relevant field to be successful.