Are you looking for an opportunity where you can have a direct and massive impact? Do you want to help us kindly change the world?
Join our team at Snickerdoodle Labs, one of the most exciting venture backed Blockchain technology companies. We are evolving NFT tech into a massively scalable and interoperable framework for safe, open, and protective use of personal data. We are building a first-of-its-kind infrastructure that will allow people to own and monetize their data in a secure way, no matter where it lives, how it travels, or what it’s used for.
Machine Learning Engineer Intern / Contract - FULLY REMOTE
About The Job
Snickerdoodle Labs is empowering individuals through self-custody of their data. User data ownership provides privacy and security for individuals and lowers the burden of compliance with privacy regulations (GDPR and CCPA). We seek a highly analytical impact-oriented Machine Learning Engineer Intern to join our Data Science team. The role will serve as a core member within the team, focused on applying artificial intelligence (AI) to solve real business problems and analytics to drive insights from the user interactions on the platform to guide data-driven product development and business decisions. The intern will work cross-functionally between various teams at Snickerdoodle Labs.
What Makes Snickerdoodle Labs Special?
We are not just a highly ambitious technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help protect individuals’ privacy is providing personalized and safe access to the third web (web3). We enable companies to access the same familiar web2 analytics and insights while individuals remain in control of their data. Companies can only access individuals’ data after obtaining user permission and in exchange for compensation rewards. The rewards can be monetary or non-monetary. Offerings of digital assets and exclusive access to events are examples of non-monetary rewards.
Digital Asset Recommendation System
With the permission of users, we train collaborative recommendation systems federally. The recommender systems can predict users’ interest in a new digital asset using their previous digital asset acquisitions and their demographic data.
Personalized Compensation Rewards
Using federated learning, we develop a machine learning model that estimates a user’s interest in compensation rewards using their past behavior.
Our scam filter keeps our users safe and protects them from getting scammed on malicious impersonating websites using historical data and natural language processing.
You ideally have:
- 2+ years as a Ph.D. student in machine learning, natural language processing, or another field applying AI techniques with publications in top-tier journals and conferences
- Strong knowledge of modern machine learning techniques
- Experience with standard machine learning packages and tools, e.g., Scikit-learn, Pytorch, etc.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in developing recommendation systems and federated learning is a bonus
What you can expect from us:
- Learn how to design solutions to address real business problems
- You will learn to develop and evaluate AI models, deploy models into production, monitor their performance, and retrain them as necessary
- Get hands-on experience with cloud computing technologies
- Collaborate in a multidisciplinary start-up culture with a close-knit, all-star team
- Pay ranges from $26-$30/hr depending on experience
- Access to a computer and additional necessary equipment
- Gain a deep understanding of the web3 industry
- [15 min] Initial phone screen
- [2 days] Take-home programming challenge
- In-depth interview stages:
- [20 min] Technical machine learning interview
- [20 min] Technical programming interview
- [20 min] Cultural/Behavioral interview
- [30 min] Executive Review: Debrief with the Co-Founders
- We check references and make you an offer
Snickerdoodle Labs is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our success is driven by our ability to build positive relationships with each other, our partners, our customers, our communities and the earth. Snickerdoodle Labs is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.