Are you looking for an opportunity where you can have a direct and massive impact? Do you want to help us kindly change the world?
Join our team at Snickerdoodle Labs, one of the most exciting venture backed Blockchain technology companies. We are evolving NFT tech into a massively scalable and interoperable framework for safe, open, and protective use of personal data. We are building a first-of-its-kind infrastructure that will allow people to own and monetize their data in a secure way, no matter where it lives, how it travels, or what it’s used for.
As a Sr. Blockchain Engineer, Distributed Systems on our team, you will:
- Create or maintain software libraries and programs depended on by other systems and applications
- Contribute to protocol design and specification efforts
- Participate in the design and implementation of performant and resilient distributed applications
- Develop solutions to hard problems in low-trust distributed systems
- Integrate research results and demonstrations into working, scalable programs and systems
- Work alongside a cross-functional team including engineering, product, strategy and operations
- Engage and educate the community, from users to contributors
- Lead and develop more junior engineers, and provide guidance and review for open source contributors around the world
You ideally have:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field or equivalent practical experience
- A solid understanding of distributed systems principles and applications
- Experience designing and building distributed and/or p2p software systems and applications.
- A strong technical design ability informed by broad experience across multiple domains/specialties
- Leadership experience building and maintaining large-scale distributed systems in production
- Literacy with cryptographic principles and practices
- Experience with 1 or more of the following: Smart Contracts, storage platforms, UNIX file systems, VMs (preferred)
- Proven track record of independently driving projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication skills on both technical and non-technical issues
- A keen awareness of teamwork, process, and patterns of successful collaboration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Bonus points, if you have:
- Experience leading open source projects, and/or guiding their communities
- Security engineering and/or cryptography principles and practices
- Large-scale systems (especially networking, performance, storage, or reliability engineering)
- Experience building with decentralized building blocks such as DHTs, consensus protocols, smart contracts, blockchain, p2p networking, etc.
What you can expect from us:
- Very competitive compensation packages
- Generous wellness benefits and vacation policy
- Ample equipment/workspace budget
- Fun and engaging off sites
- Based in Silicon Valley, New York, or Remote
Snickerdoodle Labs is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our success is driven by our ability to build positive relationships with each other, our partners, our customers, our communities and the earth. Snickerdoodle Labs is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.