We Are On A Mission
We believe in the transformative power of real food, the way it makes us feel and how it impacts the world we live in. We empower busy people to eat clean without compromise because you shouldn’t have to choose between health, convenience & amazing tasting food. We make a healthy lifestyle easy. Our chefs and dietitians reimagine comfort food and then create those favorite dishes with a healthy twist.
At Snap Kitchen we are just as passionate about our people as we are about food! Being a part of Snap Nation means that you are a critical part of us realizing our goals and will play an integral role in helping to shape our business. We believe in the transformative power of people, the value of diversity and the importance of inclusion.
We are seeking a talented and experienced Product Designer to help maintain and evolve snapkitchen.com. Our consumer-facing digital products generate a significant portion of the revenue for the business and continue to drive the company’s growth. This position reports directly to the Director of Customer Experience. To succeed in this role, you must be self-motivated and enthusiastic about working with and helping to evolve our digital design language. Research and interaction design is as important to you as making designs pixel perfect. If you enjoy collaborating with talented designers and engineers, in a fun environment, and offering fresh perspectives on how to solve an interesting problem, we’d like to meet you!
What you will do…
- Use research and data to ensure you are designing for our customers
- Help evolve and continue to build Snap Kitchen’s digital design language
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product team
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers to continually raise our bar for quality
- Partner with production artists, engineers, and PMs to oversee the user experience of Snap Kitchen site from conception until launch and continue to iterate
Who you are…
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate your design decisions
- The ability to think at high level about product strategy and vision
- Experience in building and shipping responsive websites
- A portfolio featuring examples of interaction design work
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field
- 3–5 years of responsive web design experience
- 3–5 years of visual design experience
- 3–5 years of interaction design experience
Who we are…
- A small high impact team reporting directly to the Director of Customer Experience providing us full transparency on the state of the business and direct line of communication to the leadership team.
- Loved by our customers, and we work hard to keep it that way
- Value honesty, transparency and respect
The Finer Print
- Who you report to: Director of Customer Experience
- Where you spend your time: Our Corporate Office, Austin Tx
- Status: Full-Time, Exempt
NOTE: Snap Kitchen is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, creed, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions or any other classification protected by federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. While management is primarily responsible for seeing that Snap Kitchen equal employment opportunity policies are implemented, you share in the responsibility for assuring that, by your personal actions, the policies are effective.