Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for an Acoustics Engineer to join Snap Inc! Working from our Venice, CA headquarters, you’ll join the Snaplab Hardware Engineering group responsible for the design, development, and innovation of camera hardware. Our objective is to deliver superior camera hardware and a best-in-class camera user experience. Travel between Asia and Venice, CA should be expected.
What you'll do:
- Design electrical/mechanical/acoustical architecture
- Electrical interface for acoustic components
- Acoustic component selection, integration, and characterization
- Acoustic porting elements selection, integration, and characterization
- Perform Acoustic simulation
- Finite-element/lumped-element modeling
- Prototype acoustic systems
- Integrate Electroacoustic components into systems
- Acoustic port placement on product
- Water-resistant acoustic porting
- Authorize and have ownership of product audio specifications and electroacoustic component specifications
- Evaluate audio algorithm solutions and cooperate with external teams on configuring and customizing algorithm solutions
- Characterize and validate acoustic systems
- Frequency response and distortion response testing
- Polar measurements
- Noise floor and wind noise characterization
- Perceptual objective listening quality metrics
- Consult on electroacoustic component production testing and production controls
- Interface with Electrical Engineering, Product Design, and Industrial Design teams to communicate critical-to-audio-functionality dimensions and parameters
What we're looking for:
- B.S. in engineering or higher
- 5+ years working on speakers/microphones integration in consumer electronics products
- Knowledge/familiarity with acoustic theory, audio DSP, acoustic testing (Soundcheck or Audio Precision), statistical analysis
- A great communicator, self-starter, collaborator, and team player
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.