Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for an Operator to join Snap Inc! Working closely with the Workplace Services team, you will ensure the protection of company staff, guests, and assets through a diligent monitoring of the company’s Access Control System, CCTV, and Dispatch Control Room. Working from our Venice, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with existing Operators and other Workplace Services colleagues to oversee multiple events, prioritize service requests, and provide information to individuals to enhance safety.
What you’ll do:
- Receive, screen for accuracy, and disseminate pertinent information from callers, quickly providing it to responding units or agencies
- Contact the appropriate management personnel in response to any emergent incident utilizing multiple options for communication
- Maintain confidentiality in all communications
- Prioritize service requests in a manner that enhances safety and eliminates a response to calls that do not require the commitment of department resources
- Remain alert, demonstrate excellent attention to detail, recognize irregularities, and respond to situations when necessary
- Oversee multiple events simultaneously while maintaining a high level of courteousness and professionalism
- Successfully manage phone and in-person communications with individuals in various states of emergency or otherwise stressful situations
- Maintain accurate records based on the assigned CAD System; ensure that an appropriate disposition of all incidents is documented
- Enforce policies and procedures in accordance with California State Law
- Forge effective relationships with colleagues to achieve goals
- Demonstrate leadership behavior and create a positive team environment in all areas of job responsibilities
What we’re looking for:
- 5 years of security dispatch or call center experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Competence in the ARMS CAD System is preferred
- Ability to work comfortably in a team environment, as well as individually
- The flexibility to work any assigned shift and to attend meetings and training sessions outside of scheduled shifts
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to interact and communicate effectively and seamlessly with all levels within an organization
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to shift priorities within a dynamic environment
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.