Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Staff Accountant to join Snap Inc! This role will be a part of the elite financial team partnering with strategic business leaders to grow the business while creating the right processes and controls necessary to account, analyze, and drive our business ahead. Working closely with the Accounting team, you will be a key part of our internal close and consolidation process and SEC External Reporting process. Working from our Santa Monica, CA office, you’ll collaborate with our functional accounting team, FP&A, and Legal teams to prepare accurate and timely internal and external financial statements and earnings information.
What you’ll do:
- Help close the books for monthly close and consolidate our financial statements
- Assist in preparing financial statements and footnotes for reporting purposes
- Prepare external reporting package reconciliations and analytic reports – including items related to the financial statements, earnings release, and investor decks
- Help research and conclude on technical accounting areas, evaluate new accounting standards, and help with technical accounting specifically in the area of equity
- Assist in audit process
Who we’re looking for:
- BS in Accounting; CPA preferred
- 2+ years relevant accounting experience, Big 4 experience preferred
- SEC Reporting and XBRL experience
- Strong accounting knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Fortune 500 and or private/startup company experience (both preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to execute well and flourishing in an entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to work across and up and down a dynamic organization
- Must be highly proficient in Excel
- Ability to work under pressure, often in a deadline driven environment, and ability to perform several tasks concurrently
- Must possess excellent critical thinking, problem solving skills and superior attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.