Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by over 150 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Policy & Outreach Manager to join Team Snapchat! Working closely with the Trust & Safety team, you will manage our safety partnerships, create new opportunities for safety programming and education, implement safety initiatives, and ensure our policies stay current in a viral world. Working from our Santa Monica, CA office, you will collaborate with other smart colleagues to translate ambiguity into operational policy and processes. Your strong communication skills will allow you to advocate for Trust & Safety’s internal goals, while developing strong working relationships with our external stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Develop new and localized resources and materials pertaining to safety and abuse
- Develop and operationalize internal content principles and policies for Community Guidelines enforcement
- Create and deliver safety education programs, resources, and tools in collaboration with internal and external partners
- Maintain relationships with safety partners and the Safety Advisory Board
- Participate in relevant industry events and conferences, sharing and bringing best practices back to Snapchat
- Work cross-functionally to communicate Trust & Safety’s goals, including advising on the development of new product rollouts and launches
Who we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree, JD/MPP is a plus
- 3+ years advocating for safety and technology education
- Established participant in online safety networks
- Experience designing and delivering education and prevention programs
- Deep familiarity with the online safety issues facing young people
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships, both internally and externally
- Able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Understanding of of the differing cultural experiences and online behaviors around the world
- Developed point-of-view on online safety and risk prevention
- Passionate about supporting our Snapchatters and an understanding of what makes for a good user experience
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.