Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by over 150 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We are looking for an experienced Operations Manager to join Team Snapchat! Working closely with the Trust & Safety team, you will build and lead the team while also developing and executing on a strategy to integrate our scaled operations and keep our Snapchatters safe. Working from our Santa Monica, CA office, you will collaborate with colleagues throughout the company to bring data consistency and quality to our global practices, while moving with agility in our fast-paced, dynamic environment.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the Trust & Safety team and vendors around the world to ensure that our operational policies and processes are being applied consistently and supported by strong reporting and analytics
- Oversee quality assurance, training practices, and process development
- Execute effective workforce management and capacity planning
- Enhance our operational workflows via process improvements and tooling recommendations
- Ensure that new product rollouts and launches are properly supported and planned for
- Work with internal stakeholders to make sure Trust & Safety priorities are communicated clearly and backed up by strong data
- Balance support at scale while optimizing higher touch support
- Manage and mentor a team of great people in a fast-paced, quick-to-market environment
What we're looking for:
- A college degree
- 5+ years of operational experience leading customer-facing teams
- 5+ years of previous people management experience
- Background in trust & safety, content moderation, or related field
- Excellent leadership skills to motivate, develop, and retain talent
- Experience working with product and engineering teams to develop tools and solutions that improve trust across a platform or product
- Able to adjust quickly in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to use data to drive decisions
- Acute detail orientation with executive maturity, business acumen, and the ability to influence and communicate within all levels of the organization
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.