Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by over 150 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for an Event Specialist to join Team Snapchat! Working closely with the Sales and Marketing teams, you will assist in developing Snapchat experiences at key industry events. Working from our Venice, CA headquarters you’ll collaborate with colleagues throughout the company, as well as external vendors to produce client-facing events.
What you’ll do:
- Galvanize the advertising community into greater spends via unique and custom regionalized Snapchat experiences.
- Schedule, execute, and coordinate event logistics, including invite management, contract negotiation, catering selection, etc.
- Partner closely with the Sales team to plan and manage logistics for a variety of events annually.
- Track budgets and ensure that events are executed in a timely manner and within budget.
- Manage relationships with venues, vendors, and internal stakeholders.
We’re looking for someone with:
- BA/BS in marketing, communications, or related field of study
- 3-5 years of experience in successfully managing and producing events
- Exceptional negotiation skills and understanding of contractual agreements with vendors and venues
- Experience in supporting sales and advertising initiatives
- High attention to design detail
- Fluent in Google Applications, Apple Applications, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong work ethic and ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Must be flexible and willing to travel as needed
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively in a time environment
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.