Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Senior Accountant to join Snap Inc! Working closely with the Accounting team, you will be a key part of our functional team and help manage revenue, inventory, and internal reporting. Working from our Santa Monica, CA office, you’ll collaborate with finance professionals and business partners throughout the company to ensure accurate and timely GAAP reporting and proper reconciliations of our accounts.
What you’ll do:
- Perform month-end journals and associated reconciliations by working with different areas of the business to ensure all costs are accounted for in the correct period
- Ensure all costs in the P&L are coded to the correct line of business and correct account for US GAAP reporting
- Focus on accounting for revenue, inventory, fixed assets, and cash
- Prepare flux and variance explanations as part of the monthly close process for all areas assigned
- Build financial and internal control processes for new and evolving aspects of the business
- Provide support for the annual financial statement audit and periodic internal audits
- Provide support for other ad hoc analyses and projects as needed
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in accounting or finance
- Exceptional analytical skills and strong Excel skills, including Pivot Tables, VLookUps, etc.
- Strong Accounting knowledge with an understanding in US GAAP
- 3+ years of Big Four and or private/startup company experience (both preferred)
- Able to work under pressure in a deadline-driven environment
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills, and superior attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- A proactive, self-directed approach with the ability to multi-task, think creatively, and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Detail-oriented with a high sense of urgency
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong work ethic with the ability to work extended hours during critical periods
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively with a team
- Experience with Netsuite preferred
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.