Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by over 150 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We are looking for a Senior Research Analyst to join Team Snapchat! We are looking for someone who is excited about solving complex research questions around how consumers respond to our advertising products, and how they can be used and developed to drive business success for our advertisers. You will be responsible for identifying and leading the research projects to deliver on this goal through a combination of data expertise, research, analysis and effective communication. Working from our London, UK office, you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate with multiple teams including our Measurement, Creative, and Product teams to transform how our advertisers use our products to drive success for their businesses on Snapchat.
If you enjoy creative problem solving through the application of data, modelling and storytelling, then this is the role for you.
What you’ll do:
- Apply your expertise in research methods, quantitative analysis and storytelling to drive the understanding and best use of Snapchat's advertising products
- Build meaningful cross-functional relationships with internal teams to both inform and activate our research
- Define insightful hypotheses and identify methods to leverage both Snapchat's large internal data sets and experiments with clients to validate these hypotheses
- Understand, connect and utilise disparate internal data sources for efficient exploration and analysis
- Lead the design, execution planning and analysis of in-market experiments
- Communicate the results of our work, along with implications and recommendations, to both technical and non-technical audiences and internal and external audiences alike
- Partner with Product, Data Science, Engineering and Client Measurement teams to scope solutions that scale experimentation with clients
What we’re looking for:
- BS or MS in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Economics or Political Methodology
- 4+ years / 2+ years with an advanced degree of hands-on research experience with empirical problems in the social or biomedical sciences, or the media and Internet industries
- Experience of applied data analysis and statistics including the design and analysis of experiments, causal modeling data-mining techniques and visualisation
- Experience managing and analysing structured and unstructured data
- Experience of hands-on data analysis in Stata, R or other similar statistical packages
- Experience with relational databases, and SQL-based query languages
- Track record of translating and communicating data-driven insights to a variety of audience
- Prior experience in both brand and DR advertising, and its measurement preferred
- A strong understanding of Snapchat and the digital advertising ecosystem
- A super user of R, Shiny and SQL preferred
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.