Placed is the market leader in location-driven insights and ad intelligence. We're a fast-growing organization headquartered in downtown Seattle, focusing on connecting the physical and digital worlds to give brands, agencies, publishers, and ad networks the ability to target location at scale, measure the offline impact of ads, and deliver actionable insights into consumer behavior.
We’re looking for a Director of Research to join Placed, a subsidiary of Snap Inc! Working closely with our Engineering, Product, and Operation teams, you will act as a point of contact for client-facing research, as well as manage internal research, which will support new and exciting ad measurement products. Working from our Seattle, WA headquarters, you’ll act as a player-coach for the Ad Research team and wrangle and model data using the latest scalable data science toolsets.
What you’ll do:
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Product, and Operations to create and scale insights using your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and machine learning
- Lead, mentor, and guide team members
- Report and present insights directly to technical and non-technical clients (up to C-Level Executives)
- Build models to better understand the effectiveness of client campaigns, as well as predict the effect of future campaigns and business decisions
What we’re looking for:
- PhD degree in math, statistics, computer science, or other quantitative field
- 7+ years of experience leading a team of researchers
- 5+ years of experience in product-oriented quantitative analysis and data science, preferably at a computational advertising or high-tech measurement company
- Expert command of machine learning, statistical modeling, and state-of-the-art open source tools
- Experience with at least one dynamically typed language with a preference for Python
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, Hive, etc. is preferred
- Experience in productionalizing models and/or statistical analysis and engineering best practices
- The ability to collaborate cross-functionally with Engineering, Product Management, Client Services, and Sales to understand their needs
At Placed, a subsidiary of Snap, Inc., we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Placed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.