Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Big Data Engineer to join Snap Inc! We’re looking for someone who is passionate about applying quantitative information to solve tough problems and partnering with various teams across the company to help them harness the full potential of data. You’ll help build out the data pipelines and data analysis tools that will enable us to take advantage of our amazing data set. Being able to gain valuable insights from data is a key part of this mission!
What you'll do:
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the pipelines you build
- Architect, build, and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics to the team
- Design, build, and launch extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines to move data (both large and small amounts) to our ridiculously large Data Warehouse
- Design and develop new systems and tools to enable team members to consume and understand data faster
- Work across multiple teams in high visibility roles and own solutions end-to-end
What we're looking for:
- M.S. degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proficiency in Python,Java,SQL (BigQuery, Oracle, Hive, etc)
- 2+ years of experience with dimensional data modeling and schema design in Data Warehouses
- 2+ years of experience in custom or structured (ie. Informatica/Talend/Pentaho) ETL design, implementation, and maintenance. Experience working with either a Map Reduce or a MPP system on any size/scale to write well-abstracted, reusable code components
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to identify and communicate data-driven insights
- Experience building web applications and knowledge of web technologies (HTML/CSS/JS)
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.