Placed is the market leader in location-driven insights and ad intelligence. We're a fast-growing organization headquartered in downtown Seattle, focusing on connecting the physical and digital worlds to give brands, agencies, publishers, and ad networks the ability to target location at scale, measure the offline impact of ads, and deliver actionable insights into consumer behavior.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join Placed, a subsidiary of Snap Inc! As a member of our Data Engineering team, you will own critical pieces of the machine learning and analytics platforms, which power all product offerings within the organization. You will build data processing infrastructure which operates across multiple cloud providers. Working from our Seattle, WA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with Product, Engineering, and Inference teams to create tools and processes to bring research and machine learning models to production.
What you’ll do:
- Influence key decisions on architecture and implementation of scalable data processing and analytics structure
- Work with the Data Science team to bring machine learning models into production
- Build Hadoop MapReduce and Spark processing pipelines using Java, Python, and Ruby
- Build REST APIs for data access by systems across our infrastructure
- Focus on performance, throughput, and latency, and drive these throughout our architecture
- Write test automation, conduct code reviews, and take end-to-end ownership of deployments to production
- Mentor junior engineering staff
What we’re looking for:
- BS/BA in a technical field such as computer science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of software development experience
- Proficiency in Python, Java, C#, and/or Ruby
- 3+ years of experience with Hadoop MapReduce and/or Spark data processing pipelines, analytics systems (e.g. OLAP, BI tools), and machine learning technologies
- Experience operating systems in AWS or GCP
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to identify and communicate data-driven insights
At Placed, a subsidiary of Snap, Inc., we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Placed is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.