Placed Inc., a new division of Snap Inc., is the leader in location analytics. By directly measuring locations through smartphones and leveraging big data principles, Placed is able to index the real-world paths and behaviors of consumers.
We’re looking for a Counsel, Media & Technology to join Placed Inc., a division of Snap Inc! Working from our Seattle, WA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with super smart colleagues throughout the company to deliver Placed measurement solutions through strategic technology and data partnerships with advertisers, agencies, and publishers. You’ll be on the cutting edge of every product space that the Placed platform touches, including mobile advertising technology, data licensing, and measurement. You’ll have a significant role in shaping the future of these products and driving innovation at Placed.
What you’ll do:
- Draft and negotiate terms and agreements covering the wide breadth of Placed’s activities, including measurement sales, ad technology, attribution data licensing, and partner/vendor deals
- Work closely with the Sales, Engineering, Privacy and Product teams to drive sales and understand new products and technologies and engage strategic partners to assist with their development
- Develop forms and playbooks to standardize Placed’s engagements with customers and data licensing partners to help Placed continue to rapidly scale its products and services
- Advise business clients on legal issues and risks, company policies, and business strategy
What we’re looking for:
- J.D. with excellent academic credentials
- Membership in at least one state bar (WA preferred)
- 6+ years of experience practicing law related to technology transactions, including at least 2 years at a measurement or ad technology company
- Experience drafting, negotiating, and advising clients on complex technology transactions with multi-national reach, especially those related to online or mobile advertising delivery and measurement
- Understanding of data privacy and security concepts in the world of mobile apps and advertising
- Outstanding analytical, communication, organizational, negotiation, and drafting skills
- Excellent legal and business judgment, strategic thinking, and the ability to manage multiple matters simultaneously
- A detail-oriented and business-friendly team player
- Ability to accommodate tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work independently
- Someone who can communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.