Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by over 150 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for an Audience Development lead to join Team Snapchat! As part of the Shows team, you’ll work closely with the Content organization to manage audience development insights and identify patterns to improve editorial content across the Shows product. Working from our Marina Del Rey, CA office, you’ll collaborate closely with the existing Shows team and all outside Show partners.
What you'll do:
- Lead audience development insights for Shows at Snapchat, working closely with the Development team, Analytics team, and external Show partners
- Develop and disseminate daily, weekly, and series insights translating information into actionable learnings
- Report on highlights and lowlights for each aired episode and series
- Create and implement plans for partners to drive editorial and user engagement growth
- Produce and share deep dive learnings for partners, in conjunction with the Content Strategy team
- Identify viewership and track patterns to find key areas of interest to our audience and use that to improve editorial content across the Shows product
- Create and maintain audience development best practices for the Shows product
- Drive feedback loop between external Show partners and Snapchat regarding measurement and learnings
Who we're looking for:
- A minimum of 5+ years of digital video audience development experience
- Someone who loves data and has a proven track record of using analytics and trends to build and develop audiences
- Experience working closely with major media partners; must be able to strongly represent yourself and Snapchat to external partners
- A strong interest in social and mobile, with a nuanced understanding of the ins and outs of each platform
- Equal parts creative and analytical
- Excellent driver with a strong sense of urgency
- An eye for detail with an ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, and manage complex projects
- An understanding of how platforms work, why audiences engage with content, and what kinds of experiences get our audience to engage
- Strong design sensibilities and excellent Excel skills
- Passionate about Snapchat
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.