Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer on the Security team to join Team Snapchat! You’ll be working on the development of an advanced LLVM-based compilation framework for mobile platforms. You’ll work with industry experts on cryptography and app hardening, and learn how to implement and test advanced software protection features. Your work will help us build a secure, reliable, private iOS and Android client that keeps Snapchatters safe and secure.
What you’ll do:
- Research, implement, and test innovative software protection features
- Design innovative obfuscation and client analysis techniques
- Work with the team in Venice, CA on securing new app features
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience developing in C, C++, ObjC, Python, and shell
- 2+ years of recent experience with mobile application testing on iPhone and Android
- Knowledge of the LLVM-compiler framework — specifically, the implementation of LLVM passes
- Someone with a software engineering degree from an engineering school (EPFL, HES-SO) or equivalent
- Security skills — in particular low-level security (C, C++) or infrastructure security
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.