Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by over 150 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly-curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a dynamic, high-judgement Release Engineer to join Team Snapchat! Working closely with Engineering and Design, you will be part of the control center, helping make critical decisions that impact millions of Snapchatters around the world. Working from our Venice, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate closely with Engineering, Design, Customer Operations, Communications, and leadership to drive release processes that deliver reliable, high quality software to our users.
What you'll do:
- Manage all aspects of the internal and production app release process
- Communicate all key release milestones, requirements, and changes to the organization
- Manage cross-functional relationships and ensure there is healthy communication between Engineering, QA, Design, and Release teams
- Build operational run books as required
- Maintain an archive of build artifacts, key information, and release process documentation
- Research new technologies and release management methodologies
- Continuously assess risk factors to our Production users, and actively drive mitigation strategies
- Manage risk and mitigate issues that could affect release reliability and stability
- Conduct release readiness reviews and go/no-go meetings as required
- Investigate, escalate, and drive solutions for emergent or complex technical issues
- Provide contextual judgement and use data to drive decisions
- Monitor and provide regular status reports to leadership and the organization
- Measure, monitor, and report on key release metrics weekly and ad-hoc as needed
What we're looking for:
- Experience managing mobile application releases and a deep understanding of release management principles
- Ability to collaborate with globally distributed teams having differing priorities and bring consensus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to influence and convey messages to a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and experience conducting trend reporting
- High judgement with effective problem-solving skills when working independently or with others
- Ability to maintain composure while responding to emergent and complex technical issues
- Ability to manage multiple complex tasks with various deadlines and prioritization
- Experience enabling change in a high velocity environment
- Experience working with iTunes Connect and the Google Playstore strongly preferred
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Fastlane, CircleCi, or equivalent tools
- 2+ years in a release management or TPM capacity
- BA/BS in computer science or any related technical field (or equivalent work experience)
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.