Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Senior Regulatory Counsel to join Snap Inc! Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll take a lead role in responding to regulatory rule makings and other relevant matters in the US and around the world. You’ll also partner closely with our Global Policy team to help them analyze draft legislation, strategize about regulatory developments, and generally peer around corners to help Snap stay ahead of the game. In addition to acting as a trusted legal advisor on international regulatory and policy matters, you’ll maintain an active hand in managing Snap’s complex litigation docket. Your regulatory and policy insight will help Snap mitigate litigation risk and your knowledge of the company’s litigation will sharpen your thinking about what the regulatory landscape will, and should, look like.
What you’ll do:
- Take a lead role in interacting with regulatory agencies and legislative committees in relevant proceedings, crafting the company’s responses and overseeing outside counsel as needed
- Partner with our Global Policy team and EU legal team to handle and respond to regulatory inquiries and develop a proactive regulatory strategy
- Advise Global Policy team on upcoming legislation and Snap's position
- Help craft Snap's position on pending third-party litigation that may affect the company, and take a lead role in amicus briefing
- Assist with a diverse range of Snap litigation matters
- Collaborate internally to align business interests with litigation strategy
- Partner with Integrity & Compliance, Employee Relations, Internal Audit, and other departments to enhance internal controls that prevent future legal risk
- J.D. with excellent academic credentials
- Membership in at least one state bar (CA preferred)
- 7+ years of legal experience
- Experience handling regulatory proceedings (e.g. in or with US or state federal agencies)
- Experience acting as policy advisor within the tech space
- Proficient in litigation (e.g., brief-writing, legal strategy, discovery), including strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to collaborate well with colleagues
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.