Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Senior Trust & Safety Specialist to join Team Snapchat! You will be a core member of our T&S team, expected to assist with escalations while balancing long term initiatives. We are looking for someone who is able to keep a cool head under pressure, and is excited about streamlined workflows, improved processes, and ultimately, a better experience for Snapchatters everywhere. You’ll become a subject matter authority in multiple domains by owning projects from beginning to finish and facilitating cross-team communication. Working from our London, UK office, you’ll collaborate with Legal, Customer Operations, Global Safety Partners, Public Policy, and Engineering teams to help keep Snapchatters safe.
What you'll do:
- View and action reported content on an ongoing basis. Reported content can be graphic so you must be comfortable viewing graphic content.
- Conduct objective, fair, thorough, evidence based, unbiased, and timely investigations into reported content.
- Identify and share observed patterns about reported content to elevate performance.
- Anticipate project risks, provide escalation management, negotiate with decision makers, and balance business needs versus technical constraints.
- Contribute to and refine quality assurance, training practices and process development.
- Enhance our operational workflows via process improvements and tooling recommendations.
- Ensure that new product rollouts and launches are properly supported and planned for.
- Work with internal stakeholders to make sure Trust & Safety priorities are communicated clearly and backed up by strong data.
- Serve as a consultative partner with our vendor team and provide expertise for processing all types of requests with a high degree of quality and efficiency
- You set an example and are an active mentor of others. You are a well respected member of the team and focus on achieving results.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Experience working with product and engineering teams to develop tools and solutions that improve trust across a platform or product
- Flexible work-hours: full-time and weekends as needed
- Comfort working within a content moderation environment
- Excellent leadership skills to motivate, develop, and retain talent
- Shown ability to work directly with all cross-functional teams and management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience reviewing sensitive content with a meticulous attention to detail
- Process driven individual with a proven track record of identifying gaps and implementing new processes
- Strong analytical skills, including working with large data sets to solve business problems, and providing practical business insights via data visualization software (Advanced Excel, Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Self-starter — takes initiative to identify opportunities to improve or build on processes and work products
- Great judgement and ability to problem-solve, both independently and with peers
- Able to focus and thrive in a dynamic work environment
- A passion for Snapchat and online safety!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.