Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Senior IT Client Engineer to join Snap Inc! Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you will work closely with the Information Technology team, you will play a critical role in building and scaling our internal client management infrastructure. You’ll leverage JAMF, Airwatch, Munki, and other tools to design, deliver and support our global user base.
This person must exhibit a high level of professionalism in providing excellent customer service and exercise sound judgment to provide timely resolution of problems. They must understand the office culture and maintain excellent relationships with global customers, business partners, and IT team members.
What you'll do:
- Scope medium and large projects effectively and drive on schedule delivery
- Help mentor and develop engineers on your team
- Architect, engineer, and support image creation, application deployment, system configuration, patch management, and encryption for the entire fleet
- Identify ways to improve efficiency, and scale services that leverage tools and automation
- Orchestrate threat remediation at scale
- Handle escalations from IT Operations staff and provide training as necessary
- Primary contact for processing security requests that affect the client fleet
- Keep up with industry best practices, trends, and standards
- Be an advocate of knowledge sharing across IT
- Expert knowledge of Endpoint Management Tools & Practices
- Experience managing environments with 2500+ endpoints
- Highly familiar with configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- An engineer whom is a quality coder and can author tools that improve developer capacity and productivity
- Proficient at scripting (ex. BASH, Apple Script, Powershell, Python)
- Networking fundamentals and support experience
- Strong knowledge of desktop/enterprise security best practicesCCA, CMA, CJA or similar JAMF training
- Other Mac, Linux or Network certifications
- LDAP and Active Directory experience
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.