Zenly started in 2011 as a small team of passionate designers, engineers, and entrepreneurs gathered around the idea that frictionless location sharing is the next mobile commodity. Our R&D has brought us to release the best location sharing app in the world ;)
And now, Zenly is the mobile application that lets you instantaneously see where your friends are. We believe that making maps more social and personalised is our opportunity to improve the way people live, communicate and share moments together. Our product empowers people to find themselves, enjoy improvised moments and have fun together.
We are looking for an experienced Infrastructure Engineer to join the production team based in Paris. This is a critical role since our responsibilities implies maintaining, developing and scaling the ever growing infrastructure of the company. Our platform is primarily running on GCP with Kubernetes alongside distributed systems like Kafka or ScyllaDB.
- Maintaining Zenly’s platform on a day to day basis
- Building and maintaining tools to operate our global distributed infrastructure
- Working with developers to help them get the most out of the system they’re using
- Improving the platform to handle the growth and scale for the future
- Securing the infrastructure and helping create and maintain best-practices company-wide
- Contributing to the company crash-courses events to spread production knowledge among technical employees
- Participating in the on-call rotation
- 3-5 years working in a similar job maintaining a production infrastructure
- Comfortable with root-cause analysis in a production environment
- 3-5 years experience working with CI/CD systems like Travis, Jenkins, Buildkite, Circle-CI …
- Experience with one programming language like Go, Python or Ruby
- Advanced experience in cloud-infrastructure security, either AWS or GCP
- Strong knowledge of running Kubernetes in production
- Understanding of distributed systems and databases is definitely a plus
- Experience working in a mobile application startup
- Experience running Cassandra in production at scale
Our office is big and comfortable with a fully equipped kitchen (including unlimited snacks and drinks), rest areas and sound isolation booths. Everyone at Zenly is provided with a spacious desk and top of the line computer and phone to help you build your own workspace.
We also offer a great Package to all our employees including:
- Handling of relocation/visa procedure
- Competitive compensation and equity
- Advantageous health coverage extendable to your family (including super great dental and vision coverage)
- Flexible time off policy
- Great environment, with breakfast every morning!
- Full public transport reimbursement
- Meal card for lunch
- Opportunity to build one of the world’s most iconic consumer brands
- Team offsites in awesome places
We are more interested in your experiences and projects, past and current, than your résumé. We'd rather hear about these and what you think you'll bring to the team. GitHub and Twitter usernames are also useful to share. All applications should be made in English