Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a QA Engineer to join Team Snapchat! As a member of the QA team, you will help create and maintain great experiences for millions of Snapchatters around the world. We're looking for someone who is a self starter and can work to help define test procedures and automation strategies. Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with collaborate closely with developers, designers, customer support, and engineering leadership.
What you’ll do:
- Drive QA for feature and product teams
- Test and report app performance, usability, and hardware/software compatibility
- Participate in release processes for the entire company
- Drive bug prioritization and work cross-functionally with engineering/design
- Write and maintain automated test procedures using our in-house automation framework
- Drive test planning efforts, and participate in spec and design review, providing insights based on product knowledge and end user interaction
- Work closely with Customer Operations and other internal teams to triage incidents and drive resolution when necessary
- Provide technical support to internal team members
- Host and manage internal company test sessions and dogfooding
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or any related technical field
- Experience with agile test tools and methodologies
- Experience in managing releases
- Passion for mobile, especially applications on phones and tablets
- Experience working in a distributed product-team environment
- A good understanding of software product life cycles
- Ability to isolate defects effectively, as well as provide specific conditions for reproducibility
- Someone who can work with stakeholders to develop appropriate testing methodologies
- Hands-on experience testing applications for a variety of smartphones and tablets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A keen attention to detail
- Someone who can handle flexible work-hours: full-time, weekends, and late nights as needed
- Knowledge of photo/video technologies in both objective C and Java
- Native automation experience with iOS and Android Platforms
- Experience with Selenium WebDriver
- Experience testing iPhone applications, Android applications and web interfaces
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.