Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We're looking for a Commercial Counsel to join the Snap Legal team! Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll play a key role in Snap’s commercial transactions and advise teams throughout the company on legal issues spanning the breadth of Snap’s products and services.
What you’ll do:
- Draft, negotiate, review, and interpret agreements and provide tactical and strategic advice to Snap business and product leaders related to commercial and technology transactions
- Lead and manage all legal aspects of deals with key partners that provide technology powering the Snapchat mobile application, as well as the content appearing on Snapchat
- Develop and apply policies and practices arising under laws and regulations governing the usage and distribution of publisher-produced and user-generated content, including those related to privacy, copyright, trademark, defamation, and right-of-publicity law, along with regulatory rules from agencies like the FTC and FCC
- Advise Snap business units on legal issues and risks, company policies, and business strategy
- Coordinate with colleagues from every part of the company as part of cross-functional teams addressing these matters
- JD degree
- Membership in at least one state bar
- 5+ years of experience practicing law related to technology, media, or general commercial transactions
- Experience drafting, negotiating, and advising clients on transactions with multinational suppliers, systems integrators, licensors, content providers, publishers, advertisers, agencies, and ad tech networks
- Understanding of global supply chain and retail distribution channels
- Experience negotiating with media rights holders in the television, sports, and music industries
- Substantial experience with First Amendment principles and media regulatory compliance (e.g., FTC and FCC)
- Experience practicing law at a top-tier law firm or in-house at a global technology company
- Outstanding analytical, communication, organizational, negotiation, and drafting skills
- Excellent legal and business judgment, strategic thinking, and the ability to manage multiple matters simultaneously
- Ability to accommodate tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A strong work ethic and the ability to work independently
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.