Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to join Team Snapchat! Working from our London, UK office, you will help our users find the content they love. Whether it’s Stories from their friends, Snaps about local and national events, or articles from our media partners, you will help ensure it’s engaging, relevant, and up-to-date. You will also build awesome end-to-end experiences from web content management systems to the iOS/Android Snapchat clients, and work on challenges spanning content management and display, improving engagement with new user interaction features, and data analysis and recommendations.
What you'll do:
- Evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision
- Perform code reviews and ensure exceptional code quality
- Build robust, lasting, and scalable products
- Iterate quickly without compromising quality
- BS/BA in a technical field such as Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience in software engineering
- MS degree in computer science or related field
- Someone who gets excited by tough technical challenges
- Someone who loves to learn, and is passionate about helping others
- Experience with mobile apps and/or databases
- Someone who can collaborate and work well with others
- Experience working with distributed systems preferred
- Passion for Snap Inc. products!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.