Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Manager of Content Strategy & Insights to join the Snapchat Content team! As a member of the Programming & Content Acquisition team, you will work to turn large amounts of data into actionable insights to drive programming, content merchandising, and product and business decisions for Content on Snapchat. Working from our Los Angeles, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with our Content Insights team to create the best possible Content experience for our Discover page.
What you’ll do:
- Create and execute strategy for using data to create value for Snap
- Design analytics dashboards and enable our various programming teams to use data to back their decision-making
- Build and lead a team of data analysts and audience development managers focused on analyzing content consumption and engagement
- Collaborate with product and engineering organizations to guide new product functionality by providing data-backed insights
- Collaborate with the Engineering organization to ensure appropriate data logging and develop data structures and pipelines to support analysis
- Communicate actionable insights to non-data oriented content creators both internally with the Snapchat Content team and externally with our content partners
- Establish a content insights roadmap that includes developing best practices for content creation, answering big picture strategic questions, and building proprietary business intelligence tools to provide self-service insights to Snapchat and content partners
- 7+ years experience in a data and analytics role with at least 5 years of experience specializing in content or marketing analytics
- Experience building and leading a team of data scientists or analysts
- Experience leading cross-functional teams without direct organizational authority
- Ability to communicate complex data insights to a non-technical audience
- Understanding of various data science techniques that can lead to actionable recommendations and not just academic understanding
- Familiarity with a variety of content insights and business intelligence tools and datasets in the marketplace that could enhance Snapchat’s internal data
- Both big picture strategic thinking and the ability to dig in to the details
- Adaptability and excitement to lead and manage in a changing environment
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.