Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to join Snap Inc! As a member of the Experimentation team, you will develop scientifically rigorous approaches and state-of-the-art methodologies for a large-scale online experimentation platform, apply engineering and analytical practices to solve challenging experimentation problems at petabyte scale, and establish best practices for A/B testing experimentation across the entire company. Working from our Mountain View, CA office, you will be collaborating with engineers, data scientists, product managers, and technical leaders across the company to build a world-class experimentation system that meets our needs.
What you’ll do:
- Create engineering and analytical practices to solve challenging experimentation problems at-scale
- Collaborate with engineers to build methodologies into the online experimentation platform
- Partner closely with data scientists, engineers, and PMs to design, run, and analyze A/B tests aimed at optimizing feature changes toward our business goal
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field, such as computer science, statistics, applied mathematics, or other related areas of study
- 3+ years of experience in data science or another relevant field
- Experience programming in Python, R, or SQL
- PhD in a quantitative field such as computer science, statistics, mathematics, or other related area of study
- Strong applied statistics and mathematics skills: hypothesis testing, regression, classification, or optimization
- Experience on big data environment, such as Hadoop, Spark, Pig, or Hive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to convey technical concepts and their implications to non-experts with diverse backgrounds
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment
- Experimentation design or A/B testing experience is preferred
- Critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills
- Highly self-motivated, with attention to detail and a passion for applied research
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.