Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by millions of people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Technical Lead to join Snap Inc! Working from our Shenzhen, China office, you’ll play a key role in building and shaping key features that millions of Snapchatters use every day.
What you'll do:
- Lead and evaluate the technical tradeoffs of every decision
- Scope projects that require multiple developer resources
- Own projects from conception to release
- Be hands on in the development process — 50% your day will consist of coding, code reviews, and design
- Deliver operational excellence by identifying, resolving, and fixing root issues
- Build robust, lasting, and scalable products
- Collaborate with other cross-functional teams
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- BS/BA in a STEM field or equivalent experience
- Technical leadership or management experience
- Experience in full cycle project development
- Experience with mobile apps and/or databases
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.