Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Spectacles are our sunglasses that Snap! They make it easy to make memories from your perspective, and then relive them later. The Spectacles team is the newest member of the Snap Inc. family, situated at the intersection of cutting edge camera technology and software. The team works every day to create fun new ways to express yourself and capture the world!
We’re looking for a Product Designer to join Team Spectacles ! As a Product Designer on the Design team, you will be a part of the Spectacles app UI/UX lifecycle, from proposing initial concepts to ensuring we ship features at a high quality. You will be expected to contribute to all aspects of UI/UX design, including prototyping for iOS or Android, interaction design, and visual design.
What you’ll do:
- Design simple and intuitive Spectacles app experiences
- Help define the short and long-term roadmap for your product area
- Be open to giving and receiving design feedback
- Work with other designers and engineers to oversee new user experiences from concept to launch
- Identify the needs of Snapchatters and improve on existing features
- Define user specifications, flows, and interaction models
- Make informed design decisions based on hardware and software constraints
What we’re looking for:
- A portfolio showcasing your work and strong design skills
- 3+ years experience designing and shipping mobile applications
- Strong visual design skills, and solid intuition and passion for interaction design
- Ability to prototype interactive designs
- Technical background or a strong familiarity with software engineering
- Strong understanding of hardware performance and how it impacts overall user experience
- Capable of acting as a PM when needed
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; you’ll be expected to be able to clearly communicate design decisions and write user specs
- Self-motivated attitude with the ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficiency in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, or other design tools
- Passion for Snap Inc. products!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.