Zenly started in 2011 as a small team of passionate designers, engineers, and entrepreneurs gathered around the idea that frictionless location sharing is the next mobile commodity. Our R&D has brought us to release the best location sharing app in the world ;)
And now, Zenly is the mobile application that lets you instantaneously see where your friends are. We believe that making maps more social and personalised is our opportunity to improve the way people live, communicate and share moments together. Our product empowers people to find themselves, enjoy improvised moments and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Backend Engineer to join us at Zenly! Working from our Paris, France headquarters, you’ll play a key role in building and shaping key features that millions of Zenlyers will use every day!
Our office is big and comfortable with a fully equipped kitchen (including unlimited snacks and drinks), rest areas and sound isolation booths. Everyone at Zenly is provided with a spacious desk and top of the line computer and phone to help you build your own workspace.
We also offer a great package to all our employees including:
- Advantageous health coverage extendable to your family
- Public transport reimbursement
- Weekly lunch (and regular french pastry for breakfast!)
- Flexible time off policy
- Handling of relocation/visa procedure
As a Backend Engineer, you will be responsible for architecting, developing and releasing services that power various features of our mobile app. That includes standalone server side services most often closely tied to our data pipeline as well as client side SDK-ish interfaces to allow mobile developers to easily communicate with your services.
Our backend is mostly written in Go but some domain specific parts are written in different languages such as C++, Scala or Python. All of those pieces heavily rely on Protobuf (including gRPC), Kafka and Scylla (C++ version of Cassandra).
You will work with passionate product, scientist and engineering people to build growth impacting features.
You will ensure a high standard of coding, following best practices and continuous integration processes (tests, monitoring, instrumentation). Tests will be an integral part of your work, and you will be responsible for the code you produce.
- Proven experience in server side development
- Ideally you have already worked with distributed systems
- Contributing / Maintaining of heavy traffic environments (HFT, RTB, …)
- Experience with software engineering best practices (testing, code reviews, continuous
- integration, design documentation…)
- Self-organized, proactive with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively
- You’ve worked on GIS powered products
- You’ve led a product development from scratch
We are more interested in your experiences and projects, past and current, than your résumé. We'd rather hear about these and what you think you'll bring to the team. GitHub and Twitter usernames are also useful to share. All applications should be made in English.