Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Lead Electrical Engineer to join Team Snap! Working from our Venice, CA headquarters, you’ll join the Snaplab Hardware Engineering group responsible for the design, development, and innovation of camera hardware. Our objective is to delivery the superior camera hardware, and best-in-class camera user experience.
What you’ll do:
- Engineer component analysis, silicon specification, schematic design, circuit review, layout review, and general debugging
- Collaborate closely with camera module design teams
- Analyze circuit parasitics and tolerances to ensure correct operation over the specified voltage and temperature ranges
- Direct layout and/or supervision of layout for PCB, Flex, and rigid Flex designs
- Debug EE issues, including power quality, high-speed signal integrity, and I2C interface performance
- Test and validate all electrical designs
- Author clear and comprehensive electrical test documentation for manufacturing partners to complete electrical test and validation
- Simulate, test, and validate the EMI and ESD performance of all designs
- Develop new test equipment and procedures for camera module validation and production test
- Develop electronic prototypes for new camera features and product concepts
What we’re looking for:
- BS/MS/PhD in a relevant field (EE, CS or Physics)
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Expertise in electronic design, including component selection, schematic design, and schematic capture with tools like Cadence Allegro and OrCAD Capture
- Extensive experience with EE design for digital circuits, including high-speed video interfaces and low-speed serial control interfaces
- Extensive experience with EE design and layout for low-noise linear and switching power supply circuits
- Knowledge of layout strategies for EMI minimization, signal integrity, and low noise
- Great interpersonal skills; ability to collaborate across groups
- Excellent process development and documentation skills
- Familiarity with camera, CMOS image sensors and optics technology
- Familiarity with low power/battery operated designs
- Familiarity with micro-controller and instrument programming
- A passion for Snapchat and creativity!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.