Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We’re looking for a Senior Analyst to join the Snap Finance team! Working from our Santa Monica, CA office with the Snap Tax team, you’ll collaborate with other groups within Team Finance to support our global tax accounting and domestic tax compliance functions, implementing best practices within the tax operations group.
What you’ll do:
- Support the global quarterly and annual tax accounting consolidation process in accordance with ASC 740, including preparing footnote disclosures
- Assist in the preparation of the US current provision, including the calculation of stock-based compensation
- Assist in the review of international tax provisions prepared by local accounting teams to ensure compliance with US GAAP requirements
- Support US federal and state income tax compliance process
- Research complex tax issues / tax accounting positions under ASC 740
- Lead SOX compliance, including coordinating quarterly testing
- Evaluate and implement software solutions for tax accounting needs
- BA/BS in accounting or finance
- Strong background in accounting for income taxes under ASC 740
- Master’s in tax
- 3 years tax experience in a Big 4 public accounting firm, corporate tax department of US publicly traded multinational company, or combination thereof
- US federal and multi-state tax compliance experience for a large multinational consolidated taxpayer, including familiarity with compliance software
- Tax provision software experience, including implementation experience
- Someone who can operate effectively and accurately in a deadline-driven fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic; able to successfully manage multiple competing priorities
- Detail oriented with strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong communicator with desire and ability to build relationships
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.