Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by over 150 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for a Technical Program Manager to join Team Snapchat! Working closely with the Trust & Safety team, you will be tasked with optimizing team productivity by iterating on existing tools and processes and developing new ones. Your work will result in streamlined workflows, improved processes, and, ultimately, a better experience for Snapchatters everywhere. You’ll become a subject matter authority in multiple domains by owning projects from beginning to finish and facilitating cross-team communication. Working from our Santa Monica, CA headquarters, you’ll collaborate with Customer Operations, Engineering, and our Product teams to help keep Snapchatters safe.
What you’ll do:
- Work cross-functionally to enhance and develop ways to identify and surface abusive behavior across the platform
- Identify automation opportunities to mitigate abusive behavior
- Enhance our operational workflows via process improvements
- Use data to give voice to issues that need more attention
- Anticipate project risks, provide escalation management, negotiate with decision makers, and balance business needs versus technical constraints
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years of meaningful experience
- Experience designing and enhancing workflows
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Shown ability to work directly with highly technical engineering teams and management
- Excellent project management experience with adherence to tight deadlines and shifting priorities
- Able to work independently as well as cross-functionally across an organization, with a track record of using data to influence and drive decisions
- Experience working within a Trust & Safety environment strongly preferred
- JIRA expertise is a big plus
- A passion for Snapchat, online safety, and creativity!
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.