Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
Snapchat is the camera used by over 150 million people every day to Snap with family, watch Stories from friends, see events from around the world, and explore expertly curated content from top publishers. In short, we are a passionate team working hard to build the best platform in the world for communication and storytelling.
We’re looking for an IT Logistics Manager to join team Snapchat! You’ll be a hands-on leader responsible for assisting local and remote staff with purchasing requests. You'll also be responsible for the operations of the IT procurement and inventory management function and the maintenance of records and assets for the organization's hardware and software. Working from out Santa Monica, CA headquarters, you'll collaboratively work to define support best practices, drive adherence to process, and act as a strong lead for IT Logistics projects.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with the IT leadership team on strategic initiatives
- Own administrative duties within the IT procurement and inventory management function
- Supervise day-to-day IT logistics globally
- Combine hands-on support with directly managing a team of asset specialists
- Work with IT leadership to develop ICs and manage performance; setting schedules, holding 1:1s, providing clear direction on tasks and projects, and delivering feedback
- Manage and triage incoming work for the region: tickets triage, project work, etc.
- Document, track, and monitor problems to ensure resolution in a timely manner; acts as final point of contact for technical or personnel escalations
- Drive multiple information technology projects and drive project deliverables
- Develop robust processes and systems to maintain IT inventory and assets; develop and implement procedures for tracking company assets to oversee quality control throughout their life cycles; partner with IT Service Owners to implement controls for hardware stock
- Be responsible for inventory controls and inventory accuracy of equipment and other IT assets
- Minimize organizational cost through product standardization and tracking
- Develop a reverse logistics system for testing, re-stocking, and cataloging decommissioned equipment
- Develop and implement inventory/software forecasting procedures within internal and external stakeholders
- Work with IT leadership to translate needs into forecasted spend, including tracking of actuals vs. budget
- Manage IT Purchasing team to execute on global order management
- Maintain relationships with multiple vendors across our global theatre, including dissemination of purchase forecasts to ensure supply
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of proven experience in asset management
- 1+ years of experience providing support in a professional IT environment
- 3+ years of leadership or management experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Natural problem solver who enjoys identifying ways to make things better
- Must be able to multi-task and demonstrate flexibility in managing multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on achieving goals through problem solving and collaboration
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at email@example.com.