Snap Inc. is a camera company. We believe that reinventing the camera represents our greatest opportunity to improve the way people live and communicate. Our products empower people to express themselves, live in the moment, learn about the world, and have fun together.
We are looking for an investigator to join our Global Security team! You will work within the Risk Intelligence & Investigations team, coordinating directly with Human Resources, Legal, Information Technology, and Corporate Security. You will ensure the integrity of Snap personnel, operations, and assets by thoroughly investigating/tracking reported incidents of theft, fraud, policy violation, and other areas of concern. The Investigator position requires excellent judgment, initiative, and flexibility in a fast-paced technology-driven environment.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct exhaustive investigations into security related incidents involving Snap employees, operations, assets, intellectual property, proprietary information, and brand and reputation using manual and automated tools to gather data
- Maintain comprehensive and well-organized investigative records and files
- Identify areas of risk and patterns of activity, as well as make recommendations for new controls and improved monitoring
- Coordinate with Snap business units for investigative referrals, as well as intelligence collaboration and sharing
- Work closely with domestic and foreign law enforcement agencies
- Present findings to Snap Inc. stakeholders and senior leadership
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all obtained information during investigations
- Complete ad hoc projects/assignments related to investigations as directed
- Travel as required to support the mission of Snap’s Risk Intelligence & Investigations team
What we’re looking for:
- A Bachelor’s degree in criminal justice, business administration, or a related field
- 5+ years of work experience in investigations, fraud, financial crimes, financial risk, cyber crime, counterintelligence, or law enforcement
- Experience developing and leading an investigations program, preferably at a technology company
- A disciplined, driven mindset, capable of operating with minimal supervision
- Excellent project management skills and capability to conduct several investigations simultaneously
- Experience working with highly confidential information
- Experience communicating with executive-level audiences
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please don’t be shy and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.