In an effort to better serve our 47+ million registered hourly workers and over 450,000 employer locations, Snagajob is looking for a Product Manager to lead our personalization and ranking products. We’re looking for someone who loves data driven product management and can lead our efforts to optimize our marketplace for hourly work. Product Managers at Snagajob are the CEOs of their products and are responsible for delivering products that are usable, valuable, and feasible for businesses in line with the company’s strategy and financial goals.
As Product Manager, you will be responsible for delivering on the vision of personalization as we evolve it to incorporate more advanced semantic understanding and artificial intelligence, while balancing the needs of several applications with varying requirements for relevancy, diversity, and monetization. Our ideal candidate is highly collaborative, is both visionary and practical, and has the charisma and skills to infuse intelligence in everything we do.
This role may be based remotely or in our Richmond or Arlington, VA or Charleston, SC offices.
At Snagajob we’re on a mission to make the lives of hourly workers and employers better by enabling a world where anyone can get the work or workforce they want, wherever and whenever they want it. We’re creating new products that redefine how hourly workers and employers connect, how hourly workers build their careers and how employers manage their workforce. We have evolved from one of the largest job boards for hourly work to a marketplace platform used by hundreds of thousands of employers and millions of hourly workers. We help our users find work by partnering with many of the largest employers in the country, aggregating both jobs and shifts, finding the best matches in milliseconds and leveraging billions of signals and AI to make recommendations, optimize outcomes and eliminate friction along the way. We build stuff quickly with lots of customer input, and view product management as the champion of envisioning and bringing to life what is possible.
In this role, you’ll be crafting the future of hourly work. You need to genuinely care about the hourly worker and building products that help them thrive. You’ve worked in products that involve consumer search, ranking, and matching, leveraging data science. You’ve grown past solving everything yourself and view your extended team, both direct and lateral, as critical to your success. You know how to prioritize what’s important to the business (and what can be thrown overboard). You like the experience of building directly for customers and getting to talk to them, improving as you go, and thinking in iterations instead of all-or-nothing. You can get things done without consensus paralysis, considering risks and asking for feedback to improve after.
What You’ll Get to Do
- Be a critical part of building the next generation of recruiting solutions for the hourly worker
- Define and communicate the roadmap for Personalization and Ranking
- Define, prioritize and articulate requirements to be used by design, development, data science, and QA, through the creation of user stories and associated acceptance criteria
- Create and maintain the product backlog by adding, removing, and refining user stories and bugs
- Prioritize and sequence the product backlog according to business value based on feedback from stakeholders
- Take input from executive leadership, customer success, sales, and marketing to understand company business objectives
- Participate in the daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning meetings, and sprint reviews
- Communicate status of team progress to others
What You’ll Bring
- Understanding of what a knowledge graph is and how it works, as well as understanding of personalization and machine learning technologies and their application to user browsing and search features
- Understanding of monetization strategy, optimizing and iterating to achieve goals around revenue and user engagement
- Understanding of back-end engineering and familiarity with machine learning concepts and data science
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills and experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success
- Experience in data driven iterative product management
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to ask the right questions, build hypotheses and prove or disprove with data insights
- Excellent communication, analytical, facilitation and negotiation skills
- Ability to multitask and handle ambiguity
- The ability to live by Snagajob’s core values - solidarity, candor, unconvention, fire - by being an ally, speaking hard truths, questioning the status quo, and always doing whatever it takes to meet our mission of putting people in the right fit positions so they can maximize their potential and live more fulfilling lives
At Snagajob, we celebrate our differences in an inclusive workplace designed to support the things that make us individuals. Snagajob is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage candidates from all different backgrounds and identities to apply. Each new hire gives us the opportunity to bring in a fresh new perspective to further diversify our company for the benefit of our employees, products and our community.
Snagajob offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, a 401k plan, health and fitness incentives, PTO, paid community service time, and a casual fun work environment with an award winning culture. What Snaggers love most is our commitment to work-life blend and the amazing leaders who are dedicated to helping their teams grow personally and professionally. Snagajob promotes a culture of community and support, so once a Snagger, always a Snagger. We pride ourselves on keeping it real and not being afraid to challenge the status quo.
Snagajob, the country’s largest and fastest-growing platform for hourly work, connects more than 47 million registered job seekers with employment opportunities at 450,000 employer locations in the US and Canada. Snagajob’s mission is to put people in the right fit positions so they can maximize their potential and live more fulfilling lives. Through Snagajob, workers gain the flexibility of working when and where they choose while employers are assured every shift stays filled. For more information, visit www.snagajob.com or connect with us on LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.