Who we are ✨
Snackpass’s mission is to unify the physical and digital world for local commerce.
We power mobile order pickup and social commerce for restaurants, modernizing the customer experience while making restaurant operators successful.
Snackpass is one of the fastest growing marketplaces (a16z top marketplaces), and a top 100 YC company. We are backed by Andreeson Horowitz, Y Combinator, General Catalyst, First Round Capital, Craft Ventures and many others. We are hiring people who are humble and hungry to join us in any of our hubs (NYC, SF, LA) or remotely.
Our vision is to be the dominant platform for pickup, a $750B market globally.
Snackpass provides hardware (printers, kiosks, credit card readers, etc..) and software solutions for quick-serve restaurants, and a Snackpass support agent knows how to troubleshoot all of our products. Additionally, we conduct training and presentations and are able to provide in-depth explanations of all of our products in simple terms to help restaurant owners understand how it all works and fits together.
We assist restaurant owners, employees, and Snackpass technicians in installing and troubleshooting hardware and the associated software. We deal with busy people on tight timelines who are often troubleshooting a machine while the restaurant is open and customers are walking in - excellent soft skills are needed to make the customer feel like they are in capable hands.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor Salesforce & Intercom for inbound issues via phone, text, email, & live chat
- Follow documented troubleshooting procedures to resolve hardware & software issues with customers while providing excellent customer service
- Follow documented escalation procedures when resolutions do not work
- Read all posts in various assigned Slack channels & Notion documents daily to stay up to date on the latest changes in product, troubleshooting, and other developments
- Search for ways to contribute - when new tickets are not coming in, be proactive in helping resolve existing tickets, knowledge sharing with teammates, or adding relevant and useful details to ongoing conversations
What we’re looking for:
- This position will be assisting clients in Mandarin & in English. Native level of one of the two languages is required. Professional proficiency in the second language is desired
- Curious, proactive, and over-communicative - not afraid to ask questions and jump into conversations to provide context or propose answers
- Excellent soft skills - we provide caring & capable service to our partners
- Strong critical thinking and problem analysis skills - able to use past experience and an array of tools to explore all variables before reporting an issue
- Ability to report technical issues, problem-solving steps taken, and proposed solutions or next steps in clear, organized English with proper punctuation
What you’ll need to be successful:
- A personal laptop and reliable high-speed internet access
- Ability to receive a Snackpass phone via mail and potentially purchase a SIM card (expensed) for WeChat conversations
- A quiet workspace with minimal background noise for conducting phone calls
- 40 hours per week
- Tuesday - Friday 5 pm - 1 am EST
Saturday 12pm - 8pm EST
This is a contract, hourly position
- Compensation: $25 hour
What You Will Get From Us:
You will receive competitive compensation and an unparalleled amount of ownership over the work you do here. We are a small team, so the opportunity to make a large impact, work on a broad spectrum of challenges and grow your personal skill-set awaits you here.
Additionally, you will get a diverse and inclusive work environment where you will be surrounded by hungry and humble colleagues.