Snackpass is building social meets mobile ordering for restaurants. Skip the line and get rewards with friends.
Our users save time, save money and connect with friends on our social commerce layer that includes social rewards, group buying, and social menu. Meanwhile, we help restaurants recruit new customers, engage existing ones, and streamline operations to ultimately grow their business. Snackpass is transforming the restaurant ordering experience into a rich, personalized and social experience.
Snackpass is one the largest social commerce platforms in the US, one of the fastest growing marketplaces, and a top 100 YC company. We’re backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, First Round Capital, and Craft Ventures. We are growing 3x YoY and are a team of 80 people. And we’re just getting started. The environment at Snackpass is high impact, fast paced, and empowering for everyone. We are growing fast and looking for hungry and humble builders to join us in any of our hubs (NYC, SF, LA) or remotely.
We are looking for a Part Time Field Operations Specialist to help launch and set up our restaurant partners for success from day one. The Field Ops team is in charge of implementing the Snackpass hardware equipment and signage, as well as training the restaurant stakeholders on how to successfully operate on the platform. Our Field Ops team are Snackpass product experts and the face of the brand for restaurants’ first experiences with Snackpass. The Field Ops Specialist will be provided with a van and responsible for regional coverage. This is a crucial role in the success of Snackpass and our restaurant partners. The expected time requirements to start are ~10 hours per week. As we grow our presence in the region, this role has the potential to grow that time requirement until we require a full-time employee.
- Install & troubleshoot Snackpass software & hardware products for optimal use & workflow.
- Provide training & best practices for managers, kitchen & front of house staff.
- Collaborate with in-house Snackpass services teams throughout the lifecycle of projects.
- Advise restaurant owners & stakeholders on optimal setup & use of their Snackpass systems.
- Establish relationships with restaurant owners, general managers & key decision makers throughout your region.
- Maintain and document implementation plans and network diagrams.
- Conduct site surveys to plan new customer installations.
- Test / troubleshoot unknown managed networks, terminate and run Ethernet cables.
- Field calls from remote technicians and walk them through the Snackpass installation process.
- Manage and support in the warehouse – from inventory tracking to packing and shipping when not handling installation or upgrade visits.
- You will work closely with our Product and Operations teams to provide feedback and build the future of our product and hardware stack for restaurants.
- Please expect to spend majority of your time in the field – driving to restaurants, installing or servicing them.
- Problem solver – Able to creatively find solutions, put out fires, and handle challenging installations.
- Bar raiser– You always go the extra mile. You consistently raise the bar for yourself, and others around.
- Quick learner – Excited to learn the Snackpass products and become a product expert.
- Customer obsessed – You go above and beyond for Snackpass customers to help our restaurant partners succeed.
- Organized, thorough, and attentive to detail
- Highly motivated and self-managing
- Great communication, relationship-building, and problem solving skills
Work and Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the daily essential functions of this job during a 10-hour shift:
- Ability to work regular working hours Monday through Friday with the possibility of mandatory overtime.
- Ability to lift to 40 lbs.
- Ability to frequently talk and/or hear, see, stand.
- Ability to frequently bend, do simple finger grasping, lift waist to shoulder. Typically needed during hardware assembly and installation in restaurants.
- Ability to frequently lift floor to waist, reach above the shoulder, push, pull. Typically needed when loading and offloading hardware into a cargo van.
- Ability to frequently sit, kneel, or crawl, stoop or squat, twist), lift shoulder to overhead, climb (small ladder) or balance. This is typically involved when identifying the location of routers and wiring cables.
- Ability to assemble and repair hardware, working with tools such as screwdriver, box cutter, power drill, hand truck.
- Ability to drive a cargo van and service longer-range destinations when needed (1-6 hours).
- US Driver’s License and comfortable driving cargo van
- Clean driving record for 2 years.
- Knowledge in using diagnostic tools for electrical & networking setup (multimeter, patch cable toner, etc.) is a big plus.
Snackpass is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.