Snackpass is building social meets mobile ordering for restaurants. Skip the line and get rewards with friends.
Our users save time, save money and connect with friends on our social commerce layer that includes social rewards, group buying, and social menu. Meanwhile, we help restaurants recruit new customers, engage existing ones, and streamline operations to ultimately grow their business. Snackpass is transforming the restaurant ordering experience into a rich, personalized and social experience.
Snackpass is one the largest social commerce platforms in the US, one of the fastest growing marketplaces, and a top 100 YC company. We’re backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Y Combinator, First Round Capital, and Craft Ventures. We are growing 7x YoY and are a team of 80 people. And we’re just getting started. The environment at Snackpass is high impact, fast paced, and empowering for everyone. We are growing fast and looking for hungry and humble builders to join us in any of our hubs (NYC, SF, LA) or remotely.
- Assist all monthly, quarterly, and year-end closings, including account reconciliations, accrual schedules, and general journal entries
- Manage Accounts Payable and Employee Expense function
- Perform account analysis on the period over period fluctuations various balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Collaborate cross-functionally with various departments, including FP&A, Sales, People, etc. to ensure accurate and complete general ledger activity and proper classification on the financial statements
- Assist the annual audit process
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current accounting pronouncements, U.S. GAAP, and other compliance issues
- Assist in special projects and other duties as appropriate
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with 3+ years of relevant experience in Accounting (public accounting or high pace start-up preferred
- Own the AP, AR, and Employee expense functions
- Eager to grow and learn
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and ambiguity with tasks
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience with Bill.com and QuickBooks or similar systems
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving abilities, and excellent writing and interpersonal skills desired
- Participate in monthly close activities, including preparation and review of journal entries, reconciliations, and related variance analysis
- Identifies opportunities and implements process improvements
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid time off and 12 paid holidays
- Remote friendly
- Home office stipend
- Professional development stipend
- Flexible hours
- Ample Snackpass swag
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Employee referral bonus program
Snackpass is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.