Who we are ✨
At Snackpass we are building a social layer for commerce, where you can buy anything with friends. At $60M/year in sales volume, we are the largest social commerce platform in the US. We are starting with mobile ordering for restaurants, where there is a 600B opportunity to take offline takeout and dine-in transactions online.
While we’ve seen the rise of online delivery apps, delivery only makes up 8% of the restaurant market. The rest — takeout and dine-in — remains offline, anonymous, and on the verge of disruption.
We are leading the way in the cashierless transformation. Registers are slow, inefficient, and create long lines. We believe that over the next five years, registers will be replaced by self-service kiosk and mobile order, and restaurant workers will be freed up to create food and service rather than punch in orders.
Unlike incumbent POS companies, we go beyond the transaction layer and create a rich relationship between the restaurant and its followers. Restaurants are brands with local followings, not commodities. We give merchants tools to grow and engage their customer base and convert offline, anonymous in-store traffic into digital followers.
For users, Snackpass is a way to save time, save money and connect with friends. We are building a social network unlike any other that exists today in the west. Social buying creates new ways to connect with friends over food. On Snackpass, you can share points, see your friends' orders, and team up to unlock value you can't get anywhere else.
About the role ✨
Projects you'll be working on 💻
- Build ETL processes with Python and Apache Airflow
- Create data models to underpin our inference and analytics infrastructure
- Build pipelines to efficiently serve data to production inference services
- Write data quality tests to monitor the integrity of operation-critical data sources
What we're looking for 👀
- 5+ years of industry experience as a data engineer
- 5+ years of each of the following:
- Python development experience
- SQL Experience
- Experience with workflow management engines such as Apache AirFlow (strong preference for AirFlow, but others may suffice)
- Custom ETL Design, Maintenance, and Implementation
- Experience with automated data quality testing
- Experience with data warehouses such as Google BigQuery or AWS Redshift
- Exposure and experience to high-quality data engineering orgs, you know what we need to build to scale our data infrastructure for the future
- Share our values - We also believe in simplicity, team programming, growing together and learning from our mistakes. If you like these, please check out our eng culture.
Nice to haves
- BA/BS in a quantitative field
- Experience designing and implementing real-time pipelines
- Experience working with NoSQL data and databases such as MongoDB
- Experience with SQL performance tuning and E2E process optimization
- Experience with anomaly/outlier detection
- Experience with analytics tools such as Looker or Tableau
- Experience with Segment
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid time off and 12 paid holidays
- Remote friendly
- Home office stipend
- Professional development stipend
- Flexible hours
- Ample Snackpass swag
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Employee referral bonus program
Snackpass is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.
We are currently not sponsoring H1B visas or transfers at this time. We will consider candidates with OPT for internship positions only. Other immigration needs will be reviewed on a case by case basis.