Who we are ✨
At Snackpass we are building a social layer for commerce, where you can buy anything with friends. At $60M/year in sales volume, we are the largest social commerce platform in the US. We are starting with mobile ordering for restaurants, where there is a 600B opportunity to take offline takeout and dine-in transactions online.
While we’ve seen the rise of online delivery apps, delivery only makes up 8% of the restaurant market. The rest — takeout and dine-in — remains offline, anonymous, and on the verge of disruption.
We are leading the way in the cashierless transformation. Registers are slow, inefficient, and create long lines. We believe that over the next five years, registers will be replaced by self-service kiosk and mobile order, and restaurant workers will be freed up to create food and service rather than punch in orders.
Unlike incumbent POS companies, we go beyond the transaction layer and create a rich relationship between the restaurant and its followers. Restaurants are brands with local followings, not commodities. We give merchants tools to grow and engage their customer base and convert offline, anonymous in-store traffic into digital followers.
For users, Snackpass is a way to save time, save money and connect with friends. We are building a social network unlike any other that exists today in the west. Social buying creates new ways to connect with friends over food. On Snackpass, you can share points, see your friends' orders, and team up to unlock value you can't get anywhere else.
On a typical day you might...
- Write backend LookML code and SQL to build out our analytics
- Conduct deep-dive analyses using Python or R to unlock insights for key stakeholders across the Snackpass business, answering questions such as "what are the most important promotions for restaurants to run?"
- Build both internal and external facing dashboards and alerting systems to empower teams at Snackpass and our thousands of restaurant partners
- Strong proficiency in SQL, you should expect to write complex queries often, experience working with NoSQL data in a SQL context is a plus
- Experience with Python or R, experience doing data analyses to answer questions like “what is the most important feature of a successful Snackpass restaurant?”
- Excited to work closely with non-technical stakeholders to build data-driven solutions to their most pressing problems
- ✨ Share our values - We also believe in simplicity, team programming, growing together and learning from our mistakes. If you like these, please check out our eng culture.
Nice to haves
- 2+ years experience working as a data analyst or in a similar role
- BA/BS in a quantitative or social science field.
- Experience with analytics tools such as Looker or Tableau
- Experience with basic statistical techniques such as linear regression
- Experience with MongoDB, BiqQuery, and/or Segment
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid time off and 12 paid holidays
- Remote friendly
- Home office stipend
- Professional development stipend
- Flexible hours
- Ample Snackpass swag
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- Employee referral bonus program
Snackpass is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. In fact, we are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams accomplish the most extraordinary results.
We are currently not sponsoring H1B visas or transfers at this time. We will consider candidates with OPT for internship positions only. Other immigration needs will be reviewed on a case by case basis.