Who We Are:
SmithRx is a rapidly growing, venture-backed Health-Tech company. Our mission is to disrupt the expensive and inefficient Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) sector by building a next-generation drug acquisition platform driven by cutting edge technology, innovative cost saving tools, and best-in-class customer service. With hundreds of thousands of members onboarded since 2016, SmithRx has a solution that is resonating with clients all across the country.
We pride ourselves for our mission-driven and collaborative culture that inspires our employees to do their best work. We believe that the U.S healthcare system is in need of transformation, and we come to work each day dedicated to making that change a reality. At our core, we are guided by our company values of:
- Do the right thing. Especially when it’s hard.
- Embrace the challenge.
- Build bridges and lift up your colleagues.
As a Patient Advocate within our Clinical Services Team, you are responsible for assisting our patient members with obtaining critical medications. You serve as our patient members’ advocate and guide them through the complex world of prescriptions to help them obtain medications in a cost-effective and timely manner. You are the critical link between patient members, healthcare providers/ doctors, and pharmacies.
What will you do:
- Assist patient members with enrollment in drug savings programs
- Coordinate with patient members/ physicians/ drug manufacturers on applications to drug assistance programs
- Coordinate with programs and/or pharmacies to ensure the continuation of therapy
- Directly communicate with patient assistance programs to facilitate the approval of medications
- Take inbound and make outbound calls to members, providers, and pharmacies
- Manage every call by accurately resolving the issue, demonstrating compassion, meeting compliance requirements, and ensuring a hassle-free experience for our members
- Educate patient members about their pharmacy benefits and serve as a patient advocate to help them source necessary medications they need
- Maintain impeccable documentation and follow-up of each member call
- Provide empathetic support to members by phone, email, and other channels
- Have a patient-centric mindset and a high sense of urgency to solve member requests
What you will bring to SmithRx:
- High School diploma or GED or equivalent preferred
- Valid Pharmacy technician license required
- Proficiency in Mac, MS Office, G-Suite required
- Active listening, conversational speaking skills, with a high degree of empathy
- Self-starter with the ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate clearly, present complex information to members, clients, pharmacies, and providers
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple deadlines and work independently, define problems as they arise, and work through them
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills, information gathering, research, alternatives analysis, applying creative solutions to unique and/or immediate issues
- Passion for helping people
What SmithRx Offers You:
- Competitive pay: $20 per hour
- Highly competitive wellness benefits including Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Life insurance. SmithRx pay for up to 90% of the cost for you and your family
- 3 weeks PTO
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Flexible Spending Benefits
- Paid Parental Leave benefits
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Well stocked kitchen