Who We Are:
SmithRx is a rapidly growing, venture-backed Health-Tech company. Our mission is to disrupt the expensive and inefficient Pharmacy Benefit Management (PBM) sector by building a next-generation drug acquisition platform driven by cutting edge technology, innovative cost saving tools, and best-in-class customer service. With hundreds of thousands of members onboarded since 2016, SmithRx has a solution that is resonating with clients all across the country.
We pride ourselves for our mission-driven and collaborative culture that inspires our employees to do their best work. We believe that the U.S healthcare system is in need of transformation, and we come to work each day dedicated to making that change a reality. At our core, we are guided by our company values of:
- Do the right thing. Especially when it’s hard.
- Embrace the challenge.
- Build bridges and lift up your colleagues.
SmithRx has grown exponentially over the past several years and is building out our finance organization to help propel the next phase of growth. This is an exciting time to join the SmithRx Finance team as a foundational team member.
A successful Accounting Manager will thrive on creating structure, operational efficiencies and institutionalizing best practices to increase finance and related operations effectiveness. This is a multidimensional role with a focus broadly and deeply across all areas of financial statement accounting and finance operations including processes, tool optimization, financial reporting and analysis, vendor and customer operations. This role will report directly to the Controller.
What You will do:
In this role, you will manage day-to-day accounting, regular and ad-hoc financial reporting and analyses, and customer operations including rebates. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Manage or perform all related Accounting and Treasury functions, including A/P, A/R, Cash Management, Financial Reporting in compliance with GAAP and company policy and procedures
- Play a pivotal role in automation of accounting, financial and reporting processes
- Create and maintain a Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) manual for accounting policy and procedures
- Prepare month-end journal entries, importing transactions into general ledger software to reflect timely and accurate financial statements in accordance with GAAP, while keeping a keen eye for automation and process optimization
- Assist with process improvement and implementation, including documentation and cross-functional interaction
- Own complex accounting transactions with detailed analysis and reporting over results
- Assist with reporting tasks, including preparation of documentation for financial audit, 1099 reporting
- Assist with the client remittance process, sending reports and information to clients on a recurring basis
- Assist with AP, AR, reconciliation of cash transactions, and balance sheet items
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information, as well as auditing documentation for accuracy
- Maintain financial security by developing and implementing a system for internal controls, including maintenance and adherence
- Evaluate workflow systems, processes, and procedures to develop, recommend and implement changes that improve the accuracy and efficiency of the close process
- Assist in various department-wide initiatives
What You will bring to SmithRx:
- BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related field, CPA preferred
- At least 6 years of strong technical accounting work experience, public accounting preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in monthly accounting closes
- Advanced proficiency in MS Excel
- Experience with Salesforce a big plus
- At least 4 years of experience with QuickBooks, NetSuite, SAP, or similar software
- Prior experience in system implementation/ automation preferred
- Be sharp, a quick-study, highly detail-oriented, highly process-oriented, highly organized, a self-starter, proactive, analytical, with a strong desire to learn
- Comfort with the realities of a fast-growing company including uncertainty, learning while doing, and evolving job responsibilities
What SmithRx Offers You:
- Highly competitive benefits including Medical, Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Life insurance
- Flexible Spending Benefits
- Discretionary Time Off
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program
- Paid Parental Leave benefits
- Professional development and training opportunities