Join the fast-growing startup that is changing the conversation around pharmacy benefits.
Based in San Francisco, SmithRx was founded in 2016 to create a technology-driven and cost-competitive pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) that offers clients a flexible, customer-centric product. “Our focus is on building the next generation pharmacy benefits partner that enables choice, aligns incentives, and surfaces insights to improve care delivery,” says SmithRx Founder & CEO Jake Frenz. “Innovation has lagged in the PBM sector, and our team is dedicated to accelerating change.”
SmithRx administers and manages pharmacy benefits for plan sponsors so they may provide a seamless experience for employees purchasing prescription drugs. Each year, nearly half a trillion dollars flow through pharmacy benefit managers (PBMs), with three large companies controlling 75%+ market share. SmithRx offers a new path forward that aligns incentives and harnesses data analytics to deliver an exceptional pharmacy benefit product.
The company brings together experience from healthcare companies including Anthem, Athena Health, and Collective Health as well as a broader set of technology leaders including LinkedIn, Facebook, Zynga, and Glassdoor, to solve what we believe is one of the largest—yet least-recognized—problems in the healthcare industry.
Benefit Plan Administrator
SmithRx is looking for a Benefit Plan Administrator. This administrator will take customer requirements and build and manage pharmacy benefit plans on various platforms, ensuring a high quality implementation.
- Work with clients, identifying and understanding benefit plan requirements. Build and maintain pharmacy benefit plans for client groups.
- Own all aspects of benefit plan administration for the accounts assigned.
- Create and maintain prior authorizations and step therapy rules
- Grandfather/transition new clients and update formularies with new changes
- Communicate project status, escalating issues when appropriate. Drive changes to improve workflow efficiency.
- Collaborate with member support and customer success teams to improve member experience.
- Provide troubleshooting support for our claims adjudication process
- Collaborate with engineers on system enhancements to workflow automation
- Interface with external vendors surfacing issues and tracking outstanding work requests.
- Two years of experience administering benefit plans (pharmacy-related a plus) .
- Knowledge or experience using Laker Software or a similar toolset a plus.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience