San Francisco, CA
Join the fast-growing company that is tackling U.S. healthcare’s least-appreciated problem - pharmacy benefits.
Based in San Francisco, SmithRx was founded in 2016 to create a modern pharmacy benefit management (PBM) platform. PBMs administer and manage pharmacy benefits for companies and health plans to achieve cost savings and ensure patients have a seamless experience when purchasing prescription drugs. PBMs serve as the system of record for who is covered for what drugs at what price and handle the back end services that make it possible for everyday Americans to fill their prescriptions at the pharmacy of their choice.
Over the past few decades, traditional PBMs have grown to become very powerful middlemen and exceedingly profitable entities as companies and patients have borne the burden of exploding prescription drug prices in America. This has drawn the attention of the federal and state governments, who are putting the traditional PBM business model under a microscope and are pushing for changes. Enter SmithRx - we apply fresh, efficient, user-friendly technology and an aligned business model for our customers and patients so that they may receive the best pricing and service.
Each year, nearly half a trillion dollars flow through pharmacy benefit managers, with three large companies controlling 75%+ market share. SmithRx, as the only startup PBM in Silicon Valley, is offering a new path forward.
SmithRx brings together experience from healthcare companies including Anthem, Athena Health, and Collective Health as well as a broader set of technology leaders including LinkedIn, Facebook, Zynga, and Glassdoor, to solve what we believe is one of the largest problems in U.S. healthcare.
Who We Are
SmithRx team members, at our core, are two things: mission-driven and collaborative. We all believe that the U.S. healthcare system is in need of fixing and we come to work each day dedicated to making this change a reality. We are collaborative and believe we will only accomplish our lofty company goals if we work as one cohesive team.
In our work here, we consistently point to our three company values to help guide us with tricky situations we may face:
- Integrity. Do the right thing. Especially when it’s hard.
- Courage. Embrace the challenge.
- Together. Build bridges and lift up your colleagues.
- Acquaint yourself with the pharmacy benefit management space and dive into the complexities of our business. You will build relationships with stakeholders and lead a diverse cross-functional group to success.
- Lead core product segment and features, establishing a long term roadmap for your product areas of focus.
- Be the product owner/in-house expert on designated platform applications, systems, and microservices.
- Partner closely with engineering, operations, and support counterparts during discovery, execution and delivery with shared accountability.
- Build products that support our clients and their customers and internal teams to ensure they can be most effective.
- Understand the business needs and translate them into clear and explicit product specifications; drive product documentation for different audiences.
- Ensure prioritization, effective project coordination, and proactive communication with the engineers and our stakeholders.
- Determine product success metrics, track and adjust course as necessary to meet goals.
- Mentor people around you, helping the entire team level up skills.
A Little More About You
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and diving into details. The PBM space is complex. Our platform must consider ways that technology can better facilitate the process of serving customers. You are adaptable and don’t shy away from problems.
- Extremely organized. You project manage your features and have high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching excellent features and products. You are an end-to-end thinker who has experience building a product from inception to completion.
- You are a good listener and communicator. Your communication will enable us to act as a strong team and company.
- Execution-oriented. You prioritize many competing demands. You find out what needs to get done and you find a way to do it.
- Exceptional data analysis skills, including SQL self-sufficiency
- Experience with healthcare or fintech a plus
- 5+ years product management experience
- Technical or Computer Science degree and MBA or equivalent preferred