Smartsheet is looking for our next Senior Full Stack Software Development Engineer to join the development team. Our business is built on finding top grade talent and getting out of their way while they build and improve our award-winning Software as a Service (SaaS) offering for collaborative work and project management.
This position is based out of Boston, MA and will report to our Manager of Engineering.
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Implement new features and improve the ones we have already built
- Build and maintain integrations with the big players in tech: Amazon Web Services, Google, Salesforce.com, Box, Microsoft, PayPal and others
- Build scalable microservices that can run on public cloud infrastructures
- Build modular/reusable UI components
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- 5+ years software development experience
- 2+ years web application development
- Experience building highly scalable, high availability application
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience implementing responsive designs for mobile, tablet, and desktop browsers
- Familiarity with SaaS apps (Google Docs, Salesforce, etc.)
- MySQL database experience (performance, scalability, availability)
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Memcached, or NoSQL data stores
- Experience developing service framework
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!