We're seeking thoughtful people who are excited about solving tough problems and building software used by millions of people We value product-oriented engineers who can own, architect and implement features from start to finish. Our customers love our product and our engineers to deliver the quality expected of the Smartsheet team.
This position is based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA, reporting to an Engineering Manager.
- Delight our customers by implementing highly visible and impactful features and improving existing ones
- Design and build services that can consume, process and act on millions of user actions within Smartsheet and scale to 100x as our as our customers continues to grow
- Extend our RESTful API to support core functionality
- Develop and maintain server-side Java code
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- 5+ years software development experience
- 2+ years Java web application development
- Highly experienced in back-end Java coding
- Experience building highly scalable, high availability application
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
- BS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
Nice to have:
- MySQL database experience (performance, scalability, availability)
- Knowledge of Microservices in AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Experience building REST-based APIs
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Memcached, or NoSQL data stores
- Familiarity with SaaS apps (Google Docs, Salesforce, etc.)
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match (50% up to 6%, effective May 1st) to help you save for your future
- Monthly stipend towards your commute to work
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!