Smartsheet is seeking an experienced sales professional to join our team as an Account Executive, Expansion. You will have a history of performance in quota attainment and developing customer accounts. This important role is part of the Commercial Sales team and is a key member of the Melbourne based team at Smartsheet, and reports to the Sr Manager, Commercial Sales who is based in Sydney.
With a commitment to investing in the APAC region to better serve new and existing customers in Australia, New Zealand, Japan and the greater Asia Pacific geography, Smartsheet opened up its third international office in Sydney in January 2020. This is an opportunity to be a part of Smartsheet at this exciting time, working with an outstanding team to build and expand the Smartsheet brand across an established market.
- Achieve revenue targets by exceeding sales quotas by running a full cycle sales process
- Develop and strategise account plans with members of other Smartsheet teams
- Manage strategic sales motions alongside transactional, high-volume opportunities with Enterprise customers (2,000 employees and above)
- Conduct needs assessment calls with specific prospects
- Schedule online product demonstrations
- Ensure Smartsheet success in the retention and growth of account revenue
- Partner with customer success in maximizing the value of Smartsheet solutions
- Consult with clients in defining collaboration goals, success criteria and program strategy to ensure the customer perception of value that leads to sales renewal and expansion
- Exceed quotas using a formal understanding of Solution/Consultative Selling
- Manage your book of business for expansion and up-sell opportunities; partner and grow client relationships
- Be the subject matter expert of Smartsheet and develop in-depth knowledge of product and service offerings
- Provide support to customers and prospects
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date forecasting and pipeline management
- Other duties as assigned
- 7+ years proven sales track record – 5+ years in a SaaS environment
- Experience managing customer relationships and maintaining relationships in a B2B environment
- Sales experience in a technology oriented field
- Must know how to use each stage in the sales cycle to promote the sale
- Work with multiple functional departments and roles to manage customer life cycle from implementation to renewal
- Excellent ability in analyzing the opportunity for cross-sell and up-sell potential within existing books of business
- Experience prospecting and managing a designated territory to maximize revenue growth
- Effectively investigate accounts to uncover opportunities for up-sell within existing plans, and multi-thread opportunities across the organization
- You deal well with pressure; remain optimistic and persistent, even under adversity
- Manage excellent interactions both internally and externally with senior level corporate management
- Familiarity of CRM software packages and proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Passion for working with new technologies and new technical concepts
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of other post-secondary education
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We’re looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren’t afraid to be innovative—join us!