Do you like problem-solving and getting things done? Keen on optimisation and large scale system development for petabytes of data?
Smartsheet UK is looking for a Manager, Engineering to join our Engineering team. Our service teams are responsible for delivering customer impact with all the product, design, and engineering skills you need in one team – you have the autonomy to lead the evolution of the software to make that a reality. We work in an agile environment that stays focused on building great software that makes an impact. We are looking for highly motivated and intelligent individuals.
You can work remotely within the UK, reporting to the Director, Engineering.
- Managing the entire development life cycle, from concept to release
- Involvement in system architecture
- Mentoring team members, and manage their career development
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance and defect resolution
- Closely working with the product managers on the product vision
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in cloud architectures
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Minimum 2+ years of technical team leading and mentoring
- Lead change management and implementing processes within teams
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience building highly scalable, high availability applications
- Legally eligible to work in the UK on an ongoing basis
- Employer-paid Private Medical and Dental, additional cost for family members
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- Monthly contributions toward your pension
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 25 days paid for Holiday + Bank Holidays + Flexible Time Away Program
- 20 weeks fully paid Maternity Leave
- 12 weeks fully paid Paternity/Adoption Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks including a counseling membership, salary sacrifice options and your own personal Smartsheet account.
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the UK (role specific)
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organisations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, Australia, Japan, Costa Rica, and Germany. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!